Friday, 11 October 2013

resin coated artwork.

 Several artist friends commented that my work would look really good with a resin finish, and seeing it in a lot of galleries I did tend to agree.
 I didn't have a clue how it was done, but after seeing what a friend did with it, I was really keen to have a go myself. I decided to email the company my friend used and see if I could try some, and they were really helpful sending me a sample to try, and all the instructions I needed.
 
I was a bit worried about messing up my artwork, but I had
some canvas prints that I could practice on which wasn't so bad.

I must admit I was a bit worried about it to start with.
what if it didn't spread properly? What if I messed it up?
I watched a few u tube videos and then I was ready.




 



I am really pleased with the effect, and I am finding it very addictive.
So much so that I keep looking at my paintings and wondering which one
will be next. 
thanks to the guys at Elichem Resins.
        http://www.elichem.co.uk/