Sunday, 1 March 2015

acrylic coastline course.


Here are a few pictures from the day course I did for Sparkford Art group last weekend. 
I was a bit nervous, as its only the second class I have ever done, but I have been saying for a while that I should do more groups or classes, so you have to start somewhere. 


I asked a few other artists if they had any tips, and all they said was, "Relax, you will be fine, oh and take some cake, - cake always goes down well!"
So I bought a couple of Angel cakes, which were well received. 


The members were really welcoming, and it helped with my nerves, and after a while, I 
started to enjoy it. 
After giving them the choice of a few black and white images to work from they rose to the challenge.  









I encouraged them to be brave, and add lots of colour into the rocks, and showed them a few other tips. 
At the end of the afternoon, we placed all the paintings against the wall to compare different styles. 




I was so pleased that they enjoyed it, and they said it was one of the best they had done for a while. I just wanted them to have a finished painting to take home at the end of the day, and to feel that they had learned something different. 
Take a look at the picure below to see the finished results. A very good effort by all, and I think they look very effective.