Tuesday 4 October 2016

Sketching in Dorset






We recently became proud owners of a trailer tent, and I must say I was pleasantly 
surprised at how comfortable it was. My partner wanted to take it on a trial run before it 
gets wintered away, so we had a couple of lovely autumnal days down near Charmouth, Dorset, last week. 


The countryside was so lovely, and so many subjects to paint.  As we live on the border of this beautiful county I was well aware of its appeal, so was prepared to take lots of photographs and sketches as reference material. 
I didn't really have a lot of time to sketch, but I did manage the small pen and wash sketch above, from the comfort of my chair, with my little friend for company. He is just keeping an eye on those sheep wandering up and down the field. 


My sketch view 
alfie keeping an eye on those sheep.






Inspiring countryside which I hope to paint soon.