Sunday, 25 June 2017

COLMERS HILL, DORSET



The painting has been finished and one coat of varnish put on. just look at that shine!























This is one of the hardest parts, as it has been so hot, 
and I was unsure how the varnish would react with drying time, sometimes it goes
 tacky but not dry in this heat.
 It was cooler outside, but really stuffy and warm in the studio and I had to keep 
the windows and door closed while varnishing in the late evening. 
Living in the woods, you get a lot of insects attracted to the lights, and moths are 
the worst.  I need to keep them out or they may settle and get stuck to the painting. 
I suppose it would be called mixed media then! yuk!



Here is the finished article, needs one more coat of varnish again tonight, then its all
 ready to appear at the art@eype exhibition 14th - 16th July.  
10 till 5 friday and saturday,  and til 4 on sunday.
If you are in the area, please pop in and see us, I know it will be a very high 
standard of work, as I know most of the artists there. 
You can also read more about it if you go to their facebook page art@eype. 

.