Tuesday 29 August 2017

PLEIN AIR FEST, SCULPTURES BY THE LAKES.


Saturday 9th of september was a bit of a mixed day, at sculptures by the lakes plein air festival, organised by artist Stephen Yates.

As you can imagine, it was a difficult day, with the showers coming over us in waves.
It started out really well, with the sun shining, and I had managed a pen and wash sketch
to plan out my painting. As soon as I got my paints out of the bag that was it!. 
By lunchtime I was sitting under an umbrella, trying to balance everything with only 2 hands!
It was so lovely to see the visitors supporting us, and taking an interest in what we do, even though the weather became even more trying later with thunder storms. 
 By that time I had called it a day, had a late lunch, and gave up. I managed to get some pretty dramatic photographs to work from at a later date, but I have a bit of a phobia 
about thunderstorms, (having a few near misses as a child,) so walking around the lake was well out of my comfort zone!  
Unfortunately not as many artists joined in this time, I think due to the unpredictable weather, but I found several of them dotted around doing lovely work, one of which I have 
been informed, has now been sold. I now have to finish mine at home. 

If you scroll down, 2 posts you will read about the last plein air fest at 
sculpture by the lakes, Pallington, nr Dorchester.DT2 8QU

http://www.sculpturebythelakes.co.uk


Pen and wash sketch 
After the storm.
This is as far as the weather would let me paint!