Wednesday 13 March 2013

snowdrop exhibition & Festival














 
The painting   above -"Shivering Snowdrops" was voted the favourite by visitors to the Snowdrop Festival Exhibition, held at Shaftesbury Art centre this February.
  I would like to thank everyone who took the time to vote for me.




 It was a real mixed bag of different interpretations on the subject. Photography, paintings, Needlework, & jewellery. I was told there were 100 different pieces.
It was on for 2 weeks, and it generated  a great deal of interest.
 So much so that they are talking about holding it every year.

 BBC's  "THE ONE SHOW" programme,  visited Shaftesbury before
Christmas to help promote the planting of lots of snowdrop bulbs all around the town, but as I was still convalescing from my cancer opp,  I couldn't join them, but this was such a lovely thing to be a part of,  so again a big thanks  to all who made this event come together.














*   *   *    *    *    *    *    *    *    *    *    *    *    *     *    *    *     *    *    *    *     *     *   
 
Oh,  & I also got a mention in the Blackmore Vale Magazine!.

Photograph by kind permission of Garry Jewell.  
 




.