Monday 8 October 2012

Waave artists at Bridport

Here are the photos of the Waave group of artists
exhibition at Bridport Art Centre

Here is my Friend Claire manning the exhibition for the morning.


I was lucky enough to be offered a place with the group to show some of my work. It had to be landscapes or  seascapes so I painted Durdle Door, & Old Harry for the event.
Sadly I didn't sell anything but it was a
really good experience and the chance to see what  it's like to do an exhibition with a group at such a lovely venue. Everyone was very friendly, & I had lots of interest in the style of
my work. This came at a really good time, as
I have been thinking about going back to
realism and leaving it all behind!


As you can see it was a very varied and interesting
group from wood turning, to blown glass, to photography
paintings & pottery. In such a beautiful building.
You can see the morning light streaming through
the chapel windows. They had a lovely cafe
& people demonstrating their crafts out on the front
forecourt.