Tuesday 1 January 2019

Winn Green



A bit of a local landmark in our area, this is Winn green, which is on the border of Wiltshire and Dorset.
Situated high on a chalk down, you can see it for miles around and it offers a complete 360 degree view, which is superb. On a clear day you can see all the way to the Needles on the isle of Wight. 


Working from sketches and photographs, I think I have finally captured that mystical feeling it seems to give off when you stand in the middle of these majestic Beech trees.

My sketchbooks are really popular during exhibitions, particularly art weeks, as they give the viewer more of an idea of how my paintings evolve.  I have been asked to rip images out and sell them in the past!
This will not be happening I am afraid, but the sketchbooks will be there again at the Wylye valley art trail May 2019 for all to look at, and there will be some pen and wash sketches available to buy. 















I love working with gilding flakes, they really do shine in the light, and are good fun to play around with even if it is a little messy. 


I think I have successfully managed to make the sun shine through the trees, added some grasses, and that's it.