Thursday 1 April 2021

Saplings - how its done


 Totally focused at the moment, which is typical now we are coming slowly out of lockdown! 

I have had a photograph of this subject for over a year and recently decided to concentrate  on it more, I think it works. I really wanted to paint a bluebell wood but this was much more interesting.  

Finally finished and varnished after a day or two of rest due to my fibromyalgia kicking in - (maybe working too hard) 
I logged all of my painting hours and was surprised to find this one took 68 hours. Thats not including drawing it out, painting the frame edge and varnishing! so you can see how much effort goes into this work. 
You can see below it was well worth the effort, and a great achievement for me! It has now had several coats of Daler Rowney high gloss varnish.
Need another rest now! 

SAPLINGS measures 60cm x 60cm.




Prints will be available too. 12" square mount or 16" mount.